- Empower Others: Share power and information; solicit input and reward people; manage more as a colleague than a boss; encourage participation and share accountability
- Develop Others: Delegate responsibility fully to those who have the ability to do the work; question and counsel employees on their interests, preferences, and careers; work to individualize training needs.
- Value Diversity: Know your own assets; understand diverse cultural practices; facilitate integration among people; help others identify their needs and options
- Work for Change: Adapt policies, systems, and practices to help meet organizational needs; identify and influence organizational changes
- Communicate Responsibly: Communicate work and performance expectations clearly; listen and show empathy; understand cultural and language differences; provide ongoing feedback with sensitivity to individual differences
Sheryl Tuchman, SPHR, SHRM-SCP